This house is first mentioned in historical documents in 1724 when it was stated as a part of the so-called new houses in the Jewish town. It that year the owner was Simon Hirschl Schimerle Neustädtler who obtained this house as a dowry of his wife, the daughter of the first documented owner of this house Jonas Schamsche.. In 1772 an important representative of the moravian jewish community Isak Polnauer bought the house. At that time the house was only a ground-floor house owned by just one owner.
After the devastating fire in 1821 the onwers decided to reconstruct the house and build the first floor, the house was divided into two residential parts in the same year. You could enter the residential part „A“, which belonged to Eleonora Polnauer, through the so-called Jewish gate and through the door on the right side of the house which led to the first floor. The „A“ part was formed by two unarched rooms with a beam ceiling, one small room with a vault, a hall and a pantry. A part of the residential part „A“ was also an arched shop of Eleonora Polnauer on the first floor. The residential part „B“, which the family Diamand bought in 1821 and was on the ground floor, was accessible right from the Jewish gate. One of the three vault rooms (current coffee house at the Jewish gate) served as a shop in the half of 19th century. Right next to this room was another small shop with a liquor bar and the last room served also as a shop to Eleonora Polnauer.
In the land books of the Jewish town of Třebíč the house no. 10 was mentioned several times as the so-called Jewish gate. The area between houses no. 11 and 12 and partly between houses no. 10 and 13 was vaulted during the 19th century and this change made it feel like you enter the Jewish town through a gate. During the destroying fire in 1873 the „gate“ fell down. The owners of the residential part „A“ had the house reconstructed but the vaults were never restored.
Between 2012 – 2014 was the house, which is on the list of immovable culture monuments of the Czech republic, renovated. During the renovation the cement plaster, the artificial stone and other modern materials were removed. After the renovation the house got the look of a typical building from the 19th/20th century.
When entering the historic Jewish town in Třebíč there is a house no. 10 near the river, which the typists marked as the so-called Jewish gate. This house belongs to the newest houses first mentioned in 1724. A very important representant of the jewish comunity in Moravia Isak Polanuer bought a ground floor house in 1772 and he established a shop with coffee, spices and dye there. After a fire in 1821 the owners had the house extended to another floor and the house was divided into two parts. Another fire in 1873 left a strong mark on that house. During the fire the so-called Jewish gate fell down and was never built back up.
The beautiful house at the Jewish gate is inscripted on the list of immovable monuments and was fully reconstructed between the years 2012 – 2014.